The Ghostbusters entered the lobby of the Mercado and walked across the floor to the reception desk. Vanessa was on the phone with her back to the Ghostbusters. She asked the caller if they tried adjusting the thermostat before placing the call. She apologized there was a draft in their room. Vanessa turned around to them. She placed told the caller she was placing them on hold while she connected them to someone who might care. Erin Gilbert greeted her. She told Erin to hold on, placed the phone on her right shoulder, and asked that they wanted. Abby Yates asked where the janitor was. The desk clerk knew who they were talking about and was about to ask what he did but rescinded her question and told them to take the stairs down and get him out.
Vanessa clearly was not interested in dealing with all the current issues in the hotel, nor did she care.
- This is the second cameo by a Ghostbusters alumni in the 2016 film (third if you count the Harold bust easter egg).
- The role clearly is a homage to Annie Potts's role as Janine Melnitz in the first film.
- The cleck's notable line, "What do ya want?!", is a nod to the first film.
- Vanessa's name wasn't listed in the end credits, instead the character is credited as "Desk Clerk" and her first name is seen on her name tag in her scene in Chapter 12.
- On September 20, 2015, it was first rumored Annie Potts would cameo as a hotel clerk.
- On January 11, 2016, during an appearance on Hollywood Today Live, Annie Potts remained cryptic about a possible cameo in the movie. Potts only said, "That could be true."
- ↑ Flickering Myth "Annie Potts to Cameo in Ghostbusters" 9/20/15
- ↑ Hollywood Today 1:38-1:40 mark "Is Annie Potts in the Ghostbusters Remake?" Live 1/11/16