During a three week paranormal drought, the Ghostbusters watched "Leave it to Woodchuck" on a television Janine dug out of storage and the character sprang from the television and hilariously transformed into a giant woodchuck ghost. The Ghostbusters were able to trap him after slamming a table on his teeth. After Woodchuck was captured, it was discovered that ghosts were using television to cross over into the physical plane.
Woodchuck is a giant ghost that wears a blue hat, a pair of pants and a shirt with the initials W.C.
As a television character, Woodchuck is shown to be very timid and stutters a bit. As a ghost, Woodchuck was pretty much a mindless monster.
As a ghost, Woodchuck possessed enormous strength.
- Leave It To Woodchuck is a parody of the 1950s television show Leave It To Beaver.
- On page 17 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #20, the color scene of "Leave It To Woodchuck" makes a non-canon cameo one of the Containment Unit's screens.
- ↑ Marsha Goodman (1986). Episode Call Sheet and SAG Report - "Station Identification" (1986).
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Station Identification" (1987) (DVD ts. 03:06-03:08). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "Hey! Hey, it's Leave it to Woodchuck!"
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Station Identification" (1987) (DVD ts. 03:22-03:24). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "That's funny. I thought those were all in black and white."