The Woodlawn Cemetery  is one of the largest cemeteries in New York City and is located at Webster Avenue and East 233rd in the Bronx's Woodlawn Heights.
A few days into the dimensional bleed incident, the Ghostbusters were called to Woodlawn Cemetery. Winston Zeddemore, Peter Venkman, Patty Tolan, and Jillian Holtzmann conducted the investigation. They parked outside the Jerome Avenue gate. Holtzmann skipped in with several Traps ahead of the others. They were tossed back by a sudden blue flash. The ghost of Herman Melville ran past them and warned of a great devil. A Moby Dick Ghost appeared soon after and covered them in a white Ectoplasm. Peter, Winston, and Patty were unable to properly wrangle Moby Dick in their proton streams. Holtzmann fired her Proton Pistol at its eye and led taunted it. It chased after Holtzmann and tore through several trees. She activated the Traps wirelessly and captured the ghost. Patty used her P.K.E. Meter and confirmed the cemetery was clear.
- On page 7 of Ghostbusters 101 #5:
- In panel 1, the structure seen is the Jerome Avenue gate of Woodlawn Cemetery.
- In panel 2, the small sign left of Holtzmann's boots references the Van Cortlandt Park, the city's third largest park.
- Patty mentions three celebrities buried at Woodlawn
- On page 14 of Ghostbusters 101 #5:
- In panel 2, the headstone with the scroll on it is Herman Melville's.
- In panel 4, the headstone with Mr. Toad from "The Wind in the Willows" appears to be a nod to the end of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland and the moving of Toad's statue to the Haunted Mansion's pet cemetery.
- On page 16 of Ghostbusters 101 #5, panel 1, the headstone is Archibald Gracie's. A prominent businessman whose former home is now famously known as Gracie Mansion.
- Ghostbusters 101
- ↑ Narrator (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #5" (2017) (Comic p.14). Narrator says: "Meanwhile, back in Woodlawn Cemetery..."