Erin Gilbert was terminated from Columbia University after a video of the Aldridge Mansion Museum investigation was uploaded online then Abby Yates and Jillian Holtzmann were, as well, when Dean Thomas Shanks realized their department was still operating when it should have been shuttered awhile ago. Without a place to operate, they started looking for a new headquarters. They were shown a converted firehouse by a Rental Agent. Erin was shocked by the price and cursed the agent by mistake. The agent asked if they had any aversions to the smell of Chinese food. They found themselves renting the second floor of Zhu's at Mott and Bayard Street and turned it into their first headquarters. Bennie, Zhu's deliveryman, still took his time with Abby's order even though they were right upstairs. They soon hired their secretary, Kevin Beckman, and met Patty Tolan, who had a tip about the Electrocuted Ghost.
Holtzmann's Proton Pack was tested by Abby in the alley outside Zhu's. Following televised coverage of the Ghostbusters' first cast the Stonebrook Theatre, Martin Heiss visited Zhu's to debunk their claim ghosts were real and found himself hurled out the window. The Ghostbusters gave their statement to police then were whisked away by Agent Hawkins and Agent Rorke to talk to Mayor Bradley. The Ghostbusters continued testing their equipment in the alley and were later infiltrated by the ghost of Rowan North, who then possessed Abby and tried to wreck the Proton Packs. Holtzmann was nearly dropped out the window but she was saved by Patty. Rowan flew out the window and possessed Kevin next. Once they regrouped, they headed to The Mercado Hotel. Erin returned alone to suit up and caught up to the others. In the aftermath of the incident, the Ghostbusters moved from Zhu's to the Firehouse with the financial support of the Mayor's Office.
- Zhu's was at both the Boston set in and the New York shoot.
- On July 7, 2015, the new Ecto-1 was spotting at a building at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Essex Street, Boston, MA 02111. It was dressed as a Chinese restaurant. 
- On July 8, 2015, filming continued at the Chinatown set.  Leslie Jones was sighted filming.  Along with Ghostbusters branded motorcycles.  Amateur footage was taken of Kate McKinnon driving the Ecto-1. One of her punking Kristen Wiig and another picking up Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones.     Also seen on set were Honda motorcycles with the license plate "Ecto-2"  
- On July 9, 2015, all four actors were seen in jumpsuits. 
- On July 10, 2015, a blond stuntman in a jumpsuit appeared to be possessed by a ghost and drove off on the Ecto-2 bike. Kate McKinnon's stunt double was seen dangled out the window of headquarters and saved by Leslie Jones after Melissa McCarthy fails to hold on. Ecto-1 soon leaves headquarters. In another scene, Michael K Williams and Matt Walsh arrive in black suits from a black SUV and take the Ghostbusters with them after they finish talking to police officers. 
- On May 2, 2016, it was reported a scheduled day-and-a-half of reshoots in downtown Los Angeles concluded in the morning. 
- The equipment testing alley scene was filmed in an alley in Los Angeles near St. Vincent Court across from 7th Street.
- On May 3, 2016, Melissa McCarthy was seen at the downtown LA set on May 1 sporting a protective vest, leg pads and pink elbow pads over a purple tunic and harem pants.  McCarthy was seen on a rig with a Proton Pack and being flown through mid-air. Kristen Wiig was also sighted Monday. 
- On June 8, 2016, it was reported Ghostbusters Story Pack #71242 of the Lego Dimensions video game will star Abby Yates and the rest of the team in 6 levels reliving the movie. The LEGO Toy Pad can be customized with the Zhu's Chinese Restaurant gateway build and unlock a brand new Ghostbusters Adventure World and exclusive Battle Arena. 
- The phone number for Zhu's Authentic Hong Kong Food is 212-165-8220.
- In real life, a phone number never starts with a "0" or "1".
- Page 86 of the Ghostbuster's Handbook mentions an alternate phone number for Zhu's, 555-0128.
- In real life, the 588 Mott Street address does not exist.
- On page 5 of Ghostbusters International #8, in panel 2, Kylie looks at a Zhu's Authentic Hong Kong Food business card based on one from the "Ghosts From Our Past" promotional material.
- In Ghostbusters Annual 2017, on page 42, in panel 3, Abby's barren take out soup makes a non-cameo over Ray Stantz' shoulder.
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters 101 #1, in panel 4, behind Abby is a takeout container of Zhu's Authentic's wonton soup.
- On page 4 of Ghostbusters 101 #3, on the wall near the laptop, the ornate set of lights are from the headquarters at Zhu's Authentic Hong Kong Food.
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters 101 #6, the yellow sign with kanji characters below the Movieland Theater sign are the "Eat In Take Out" sign above the garage of Zhu's.
- On the Cover RI of Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #1, Slimer and Abby both grab for the latter's infamous soup order.
- On the Cover RI Wraparound Photo Cover of Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #1, a promo photo of the cast taken outside the Zhu's Authentic Hong Kong Food set is used.
- On page 7 of Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #4, Abby alludes to the Zhu's soup she obsessively orders constantly is part of a memory implanted by Holtzmann.
- Ghostbusters (2016 Movie)
- IDW Comics
- ↑ Paul Feig Tweet 7/10/15
- ↑ Abby Yates (2018). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #4" (2018) (Comic p.7). Abby Yates says: "I'll never let her do that again."
- ↑ Abby Yates (2018). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #4" (2018) (Comic p.7). Abby Yates says: "Why do you think I like soup so much?"
- ↑ Semlyen, Nick (2016). Empire Magazine Issue 324 June 2016, p. 60. Bauer Media Group, Harborough, Leicester, United Kingdom, ISBN 1234567890. Line reads: "Among the sets spread across the Norwood building are an authentically grubby New York subway tunnel and an even grubbier abandoned Chinese restaurant ('Zhu's Authentic Hong Kong Food') that doubles as our heroes' HQ."
- ↑ Universal Hub "Chinatown block gets even Chinatownier, if only for a little while" 7/7/15
- ↑ instagram #1 sluken18 7/8/15
- ↑ SNLinReview tweet #1 7/8/15
- ↑ SNLinReview tweet #2 7/8/15
- ↑ instagram #2 sluken18 7/8/15
- ↑ instagram #3 sluken18 7/8/15
- ↑ instagram #1 nerdtastic_girl 7/8/15
- ↑ instagram #2 nerdtastic_girl 7/8/15
- ↑ instagram #3 nerdtastic_girl 7/8/15
- ↑ instagram #4 nerdtastic_girl 7/8/15
- ↑ BuzzFeed "First Set Photos Of The New "Ghostbusters" Cast" 7/9/15
- ↑ Comic Book 7/13/15
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly "Ghostbusters: Is it the most scrutinized movie of the upcoming summer season?" 5/2/16
- ↑ US Magazine "Melissa McCarthy Glows Without Makeup on 'Ghostbusters' Set" 5/3/16
- ↑ Daily Mail "Her career is really taking off! Melissa McCarthy is suspended in midair while aiming proton pack on set of Ghostbusters" 5/3/16
- ↑ Ghostbusters News "New Ghostbusters film coming to Lego Dimensions + more!" 6/8/16
- ↑ Patty Tolan (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #1" (2017) (Comic p.7). Patty Tolan says: "Lemme guess. Zhu's Authentic Hong Kong?"